It’s Domain Name Day at CAD.
Quick recap about Domain Name Day: I own a lot of domains. I can’t help it. I usually buy them in the middle of the night after a dream. And in an effort to streamline my life, I’m auctioning them off–along with the business idea that goes with them.
So, today’s domain name: 2012coach.com.
2012coach.com Your business, your website, your very own internet meme.
Possibilities: 875 days of Endless.
Think about it; it’s timely. 2012 is only a year and a half away. Becoming a 2012 coach is a booming business at the apex of the explosion in life coaching, apocalyptic foreshadowing (________________), and the palpable nervousness inspired by the Mayan calendar’s tick-ticking away.
If you have no idea what I’m talking about, according to the Mayan calendar, the world–as we know it–ends December 21, 2012.
As of July 29, 2010, 12/21/12 is only 875 days away: close enough to inspire fear. Far enough away to develop a business plan. Win. Win. Win.
This could be your ticket out of the ‘recession.’ And here are just a few ways you could use 2012.com:
- For the Optimist: You could use 2012coach.com to become a coach who helps people survive 2012. Some people believe that there will be a spiritual rebirth after all this unsustainable stuff goes poof.
- For the Cheerful Nihilist: You could use 2012coach.com to be the type of coach who inspires people to map out the next 875 days for optimal fulfillment before THE END.
- For the Collector, Curator, Editor, or Internet Afficionado: Make 2012coach.com an aggregator site pointing to all things apocalyptic. This could be your cuteoverload.com.
Shut. Up. It’s true.
But wait! Want more proof?
I asked my Facebook friends, “If the Mayans were right and December 2012 really is the end of the world, what is the upside? No more student loans, What else?”
Here are a few of my favorite responses. Feel free to add yours to the comments.
- Knowing that I didn’t waste any of my precious life watching John Cusack try to be an action star in “2012.” – CMB
- uh, we get to witness THE END OF THE WORLD! How many other people have gotten to say that? NONE. We go down in history. -DB
- Fewer Twilight sequels? -KPH
- I like how you see the positive in Armageddon -KSN
- We’ll all know each other’s status without having to post it! -SW
…and many more. Over 20 people responded and liked the question and liked the responses and the likes. Almost 30 people participated in 18 hours! And they don’t even know about 2012coach.com. [Insert crazy buy now button here!]
You want in on the action. You want this domain name. Or maybe you know someone who does. Email me and tell me what you want to do with it, how you would use it, and why.
Or, make me a sellout and just offer me some cold, hard cash.
Maybe you’re intrigued, but this domain, this business, just feels not quite right. No worries. I have many more domain names where this one came from. Why, just tonight I bought: dontbethatguyonline.com. It’s true. Get in on the action. Sign up for my email newsletter or get the CAD RSS feed directly to your email inbox.
If ever there was a time for some good old fashioned FAQs.
Q: Are you for real?
A: As much as I ever am.
Q: Do you really own 2012coach.com?
A: I do own the domain name 2012coach.com. And I am really interested in giving it to someone to do something fun or interesting with.
But actually, I wrote this because I just need to write sales copy for my classes and I needed a nudge. I HATE SELLING MY OWN STUFF. And I hate ‘sales pages’ unless they are other people’s sales pages. I love helping other people with those.