1. Story, meaning, and connection is the currency on which social media runs. You have that in spades.
2. On Time – Building relationships and providing real engagement take an investment of time and energy. Be intentional always.
3. Local is the new frontier of the internet. People can find each other by semantic/ideological locality (the words we use) as well as geographical location. Quickly.
4. Now, more than ever, people use their social graph to filter the world.
5. Process and product–more and more is the same thing. You’re always producing content; you may not be thinking of it that way.
6. Lift the veil. Let people in, include them. Give people a space to tell their stories. Facilitate.
7. Before you can organize anyone, you need to find them.
8. Your website is your home-base–everything else you do brings people back home.
9. Be clear about what you want people to do with you. Be clear with yourself and with your audience.
10. Meaning is one thing that scales.